V450 Mouse Anti-Human CD138
Clone MI15 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Syndecan; SDC; Syndecan 1; SDC1; SYND1
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human U266 and XG-1 Myeloma Cell Lines
- Workshop No. VI BP100, B005
- Entrez Gene ID 6382
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MI15 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD138 (Syndecan-1), an 85-92 kDa single chain transmembrane protein, which is strongly expressed on multiple-myeloma-derived cell lines and malignant plasma cell populations. It is also expressed on pre-B cells, immature B cells, and plasma cells, but not on mature circulating B-lymphocytes. Syndecan-1 is a member of the transmembrane heparan sulfate proteoglycans family. It is also expressed on some non-hematopoietic cells, including embryonic mesenchymal cells, vascular smooth muscle cells, endothelial and neural cells. CD138 binds to many extracellular matrix proteins through its heparan sulfate side-chains, like fibronectin, collagen types I, III, and V, tenascin, thrombospondin, and antithrombin III. It is considered an extracellular matrix receptor that may serve as a co-receptor for fibroblast growth factor and related molecules. Monoclonal antibody MI15 blocks the binding of clone B-B4 but not clone DL-101 (other anti-syndecan-1 antibodies) by flow cytometric analysis.
The antibody is conjugated to BD Horizon™ V450, which has been developed for use in multicolor flow cytometry experiments and is available exclusively from BD Biosciences. It is excited by the Violet laser Ex max of 406 nm and has an Em Max at 450 nm. Conjugates with BD Horizon™ V450 can be used in place of Pacific Blue™ conjugates.
BD Horizon™ V450 is a coumarin dye excited by the violet laser that exhibits spectral properties similar to Pacific Blue™. Conjugates are typically as bright or brighter than comparable reagents conjugated to Pacific Blue™. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|RECURSOS E FERRAMENTAS|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ V450 under optimum conditions, and unreacted BD Horizon™ V450 was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- BD Horizon V450 has a maximum absorption of 406 nm and maximum emission of 450 nm. Before staining with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.