TRAINING & E-LEARNING
Welcome to the Introduction to Flow Cytometry Web-Based Training.
This course is best viewed using Internet Explorer ® version 6 or later, Safari v3.2.1 or later, or Chrome 3.0.195 or later web browsers, and Adobe ® flash player 8.0 or later.
- Define key flow cytometry terms.
- Describe and explain key flow cytometry principles.
- Discuss the components and functions of the fluidics, optics, and electronics systems.
- Explain how data is analyzed.
- Describe the sorting process on flow cytometers.
- Define the term flow cytometry.
- Describe the types of samples suitable for a flow cytometer.
- Explain the properties that a flow cytometer can measure.
- Identify the three subsystems of a flow cytometer.
- Describe the functions of the fluidics system.
- Explain hydrodynamic focusing.
- Describe how sample pressure affects flow rate and data resolution.
- Describe the functions of the optics system.
- Discuss the role of lasers in BD cytometers.
- Explain how filters route light to appropriate detectors.
- Describe how the electronics system converts light signals into numerical data.
- Explain how laser time delays ensure that signals from multiple lasers are attributed to the correct event.
- Explain how and why thresholds are used.
- Describe the factors that affect light scatter.
- Explain how light scatter and fluorescence can be used to detect populations.
- Describe the use of excitation and emission spectra.
- Explain what compensation is and why it is necessary for multicolor analysis.
- Describe how data is saved and displayed.
- Explain the purpose of gating.
- State examples of data analysis methods.
- Describe the purpose of sorting cells or particles.
- Explain how particle size affects the nozzle size and sheath pressure selection.
- Describe the steps in droplet sorting.
Course Evaluation: Provide us with feedback to improve the course.
BD FACSCalibur™, BD FACSCanto™ II, and BD FACSCount™ are for In Vitro Diagnostic use.
BD FACSAria™ III, BD FACSArray ™, BD Influx™, BD™ LSR II, and BD LSRFortessa™ are for Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
Class I (1) Laser Products.