PE Mouse Anti-Human CD98 Clone UM7F8 (RUO)
- BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name
- SLC3A2; CD98HC; 4F2; 4F2hc; MDU1; NACAE; 4T2HC
- Vol. Per Test
- 20 µl
- Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Human (QC Testing)
- Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Human T-leukemic and Thymic Cell Lines
- Workshop No.
- V T020; BP420
- Storage Buffer
- Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status
- For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
- RUO (GMP)
- For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures. Although not required, these products are manufactured in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- General Purpose Reagent
- For In Vitro Diagnostic Use.
- Analyte Specific Reagent. Analytical and performance characteristics are not established.
Regulatory Status Legend
Any use of products other than the permitted use without the express written authorization of Becton, Dickinson and Company is strictly prohibited.
- 100 Tests
- Catalog No.
- List Price
- Your Price
- EA (1 Each)
RUO Certificate Required
This product requires a valid RUO certificate to purchase.
CD98 is a disulfide-linked heterodimer composed of a ~80-85 kDa, type II membrane glycoprotein heavy chain, (CD98hc), and ~40-45 kDa light chain. The UM7F8 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes CD98hc, which is also known as 4F2 heavy chain antigen (4F2hc). CD98 is broadly expressed on hematopoietic cells, including peripheral blood lymphocytes, monocytes and granulocytes (low), as well as non-hematopoietic cells, eg, intestinal epithelial cells. CD98 expression is upregulated on activated and proliferating cells. CD98hc is encoded by the SLC3A2 [solute carrier family 3 (amino acid transporter heavy chain), member 2] gene. CD98 reportedly functions in transmembrane amino acid transport and in the regulation of integrin signaling which are involved in the regulation of cellular activation, proliferation, and survival. The UM7F8 antibody is reportedly a functional antibody that can costimulate T cell proliferative responses.
- Excitation Source
- Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max
- 496 nm
- Emission Max
- 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|555749||PE Mouse IgG1, κ Isotype Control RUO||100 Tests||
|554656||Stain Buffer (FBS) RUO||500 mL||
|554657||Stain Buffer (BSA) RUO||500 mL||
|349202||Lysing Solution 10X Concentrate IVD||100||
|555899||Lysing Buffer RUO||100 mL||
Preparation and Storage
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
NEW SHOPPING LIST