BB515 Mouse Anti-Human CD55 Clone IA10 (RUO)
- BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name
- DAF; CR; CROM; TC; Complement decay-accelerating factor
- Vol. Per Test
- 5 µl
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Human (QC Testing)
- Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Purified Human Decay Accelerating Factor
- Workshop No.
- V BP352, S031
- Storage Buffer
- Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status
- For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
- RUO (GMP)
- For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures. Although not required, these products are manufactured in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- General Purpose Reagent
- For In Vitro Diagnostic Use.
- Analyte Specific Reagent. Analytical and performance characteristics are not established.
Regulatory Status Legend
Any use of products other than the permitted use without the express written authorization of Becton, Dickinson and Company is strictly prohibited.
- Catalog No.
- List Price
- Your Price
- EA (1 Each)
RUO Certificate Required
This product requires a valid RUO certificate to purchase.
The IA10 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD55, which is also known as complement decay-accelerating factor (DAF). CD55 is a glycophosphatidylinositol (GPI)-anchored, single chain membrane glycoprotein of approximately 70 kDa that belongs to the regulators of complement activation (RCA) gene family which includes CD21, CD35, and CD46. CD55 is widely expressed on hematopoietic cells including platelets and erythrocytes, as well as on many non-hematopoietic cells, such as, endothelial cells and epithelial cells. CD55 is involved in protecting cells from damage by autologous activated complement complexes. CD55 prevents the amplification steps of the complement cascade by interfering with the assembly of the C3-convertases, C4b2a and C3bBb, and the C5-convertases, C4b2a3b and C3bBb3b.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BB515 which was developed exclusively by BD Biosciences. With an excitation max of 490 nm and an emission max of 515 nm, BD Horizon BB515 can be excited by the 488 nm laser and detected in a standard FITC set (e.g. 530/30-nm filter). This dye provides a much brighter alternative to FITC with less spillover into the PE detector.
- Excitation Source
- Blue 488 nm
- Excitation Max
- 490 nm
- Emission Max
- 515 nm
BB515 is a dye that was exclusively developed by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to FITC. This dye is up to seven times brighter than FITC and has less spillover into the PE channel. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, BB515, FITC, and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|554656||Stain Buffer (FBS) RUO||500 mL||
|554657||Stain Buffer (BSA) RUO||500 mL||
|563794||Brilliant Stain Buffer RUO||100 Tests||
|564515||BB515 Mouse IgG2a, κ Isotype Control RUO||50 µg||
|555899||Lysing Buffer RUO||100 mL||
|349202||Lysing Solution 10X Concentrate IVD||100||
Preparation and Storage
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- The manufacture, use, sale, offer for sale, or import of this product is subject to one or more patents or pending applications. This product, and only in the amount purchased by buyer, may be used solely for buyer’s own internal research, in a manner consistent with the accompanying product literature. No other right to use, sell or otherwise transfer (a) this product, or (b) its components is hereby granted expressly, by implication or by estoppel. Diagnostic uses require a separate license.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
For optimal results, it is recommended to perform 2 washes after staining with antibodies. Cells may be prepared, stained with antibodies and washed twice with wash buffer per established protocols for immunofluorescent staining, prior to acquisition on a flow cytometer. Performing fewer than the recommended wash steps may lead to increased spread of the negative population.
NEW SHOPPING LIST