BV421 Mouse Anti-Human CD105
Clone 266 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name END; Endoglin; HHT1; MSC; ORW; ORW1
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 266 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD105. CD105 is a type I transmembrane glycoprotein that is encoded by END (Endoglin) and belongs to the transforming growth factor-β (TGF-β) type III receptor family. CD105 is expressed on cells as a homodimer comprised of ~95 kDa subunits. CD105 is expressed on vascular endothelial cells and placental syncytiotrophoblasts and at lower levels on stromal fibroblasts. It is also expressed on mesenchymal stem cells, erythroid precursors, activated macrophages, pre-B cells, and some tumor cells and cell lines including U937 cells. CD105 serves as a regulatory component of the TGF-β receptor system. In association with TGF- βRI or TGF- βRII, CD105 binds TGF-β1 and TGF-β3 with high affinity but does not bind to TGF-β2. Expression of CD105 is increased on activated endothelium in tissues undergoing angiogenesis, such as in tumors, or in cases of wound healing or dermal inflammation.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV421 which is part of the BD Horizon™ Brilliant Violet™ family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max at 421-nm, BD Horizon™ BV421 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the standard Pacific Blue™ filter set (eg, 450/50-nm filter). BD Horizon™ BV421 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting a 10 fold improvement in brightness compared to Pacific Blue™ conjugates.
BV421 is a polymer-based dye excited by the violet laser and is one of the brightest fluorochromes offered by BD Biosciences. Conjugates are typically 10 times brighter than Pacific Blue™ conjugates and are often as bright as or brighter than PE conjugates. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon™ V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV421 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BV421 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Brilliant Violet™ 421 is a trademark of Sirigen.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.