Alexa Fluor® 647 Mouse Anti-Fibronectin Clone 10/Fibronectin (RUO)
- BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name
- FN; LETS
- Vol. Per Test
- 5 µl
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Human (QC Testing) Mouse, Rat, Dog, Chicken (Reactivity Confirmed in Development)
- Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
Bioimaging, Immunofluorescence (Tested During Development)
- Human Fibronectin
- Entrez Gene ID
- Storage Buffer
- Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, protein stabilizer, and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status
- For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
- RUO (GMP)
- For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures. Although not required, these products are manufactured in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- General Purpose Reagent
- For In Vitro Diagnostic Use.
- Analyte Specific Reagent. Analytical and performance characteristics are not established.
Regulatory Status Legend
Any use of products other than the permitted use without the express written authorization of Becton, Dickinson and Company is strictly prohibited.
- 50 Tests
- Catalog No.
- List Price
- Your Price
- EA (1 Each)
RUO Certificate Required
This product requires a valid RUO certificate to purchase.
The 240-kDa dimeric fibronectin protein exists in two forms: a soluble protomer in body fluids and an insoluble multimer in the extracellular matrix. The latter is the primary functional form and creates a substrate for cell migration, a role which makes fibronectin vital to embryogenesis and wound response. Fibronectin mediates cytoskeletal organization, cell attachment, and cellular signaling through interactions with cellular receptors. Although various isoforms of fibronectin are derived by alternative splicing, they share a common N-terminus which is a critical region for cell surface binding in an initial step of multimer assembly. Further polymerization steps are regulated by fibronectin/integrin interactions and result in generation of the complex fibrils that constitute the fibronectin matrix.
- Alexa Fluor® 647
- Excitation Source
- Red 633 nm
- Excitation Max
- 650 nm
- Emission Max
- 668 nm
Alexa Fluor® 647 conjugates are highly photostable and remain fluorescent over a broad pH range. The excitation and emission maxima are nearly identical to those of APC. However, APC tends to be brighter while Alexa Fluor® 647 is more optimal for intracellular applications. This fluorochrome exhibits uncommon photostability, making it an ideal choice for use in fluorescence microscopy. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|554655||Fixation Buffer RUO||100 mL||
|558050||Perm Buffer III RUO||125 mL||
|557885||Perm/Wash Buffer I RUO||125 mL||
|557714||Alexa Fluor® 647 Mouse IgG1 κ Isotype Control RUO||100 Tests||
Preparation and Storage
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Alexa Fluor® 647 fluorochrome emission is collected at the same instrument settings as for allophycocyanin (APC).
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- Triton is a trademark of the Dow Chemical Company.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
NEW SHOPPING LIST