BD Biosciences Research Grants
Program Rules & Regulations
By submitting this form, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The application process is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age at the time of application. The grant is awarded to the applicant's employer, but the individual applying for a winning grant is referred to as the Grant Winner.
- Employees and contractors of Becton, Dickinson and Company, their affiliates, subsidiaries, suppliers and members of their immediate families or persons living in the same household are not eligible to apply, nor are any persons working at groups involved in the advertising, promotion, judging or other coordination or their immediate families and persons living in the same household.
- Research lab must be based in the United States. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void in Puerto Rico or where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law.
- Only one grant application per laboratory. Grants are awarded to the institution affiliated with the research lab and individual grant applicant.
- All submissions, and all parts of the submission, become the sole property of BD and will not be returned to the applicant. If the abstract being submitted contains confidential information, that information must be removed before submission. The applicant is responsible for ensuring that all confidential information is removed prior to submission. BD will not be responsible for the confidentiality of any information submitted.
- Each grant winner agrees that BD may publicize his/her name, the name and likeness of him/her, and the description of work done to win the grant. Each employer must also agree to the use of its name and other terms. Apart from the awards associated with being selected as a grant winner, BD shall not be obligated to compensate winner in any way for such publicity. In addition, winning entries will be posted on one or more BD web pages.
- An application is not a winner of any award until applicant's eligibility is verified. Winners must return a signed Affidavit Eligibility, Liability, and Release, which must be returned within 15 days of attempted notification or an alternate winner will be selected. By accepting award, winner consents to the use of his/her name and likeness in advertising and promotion materials without additional compensation (unless prohibited by law). By applying for the grant, each applicant agrees to abide by these official Rules and Regulations and by the decisions of the judges, which will be binding and final in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Research Grant Program, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond BD's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the program as determined by BD in its sole discretion, in which case the award will be given to the next runner-up from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation.
- Each grant applicant's abstract submission must be entirely his/her own and must not infringe upon or violate any laws or any rights of third parties, including, but not limited to, such violations as infringement or copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or property right, defamation, violation of rights of privacy, publicity, personality or celebrity, or any contract right, or any other right of any individual, corporation or entity. Applicants must obtain all necessary permissions, licenses, clearances, releases, waivers of moral rights and other approvals from third parties (including but not limited to all copyright holders), necessary to use the submission, in whole or in part, in any way, including without limitation, to reproduce, make derivatives, edit, modify, translate, distribute, transmit, publish, license and broadcast worldwide, by any means. Any and all such permission, licenses, clearances, releases, waivers of moral rights and approvals must be provided to BD.
- Each applicant and each employer shall indemnify, defend, and hold BD harmless from any third party claims arising from or related to that applicant's participation in the Research Grant Program. In no event shall BD be liable to an applicant or employer for acts or omissions arising out of or related to the Research Grant Program or that applicant's participation in the Research Grant Program. Participants agree that Sponsor and its respective affiliates, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents shall have no liability, and shall be held harmless, for any damage, losses or injury resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of award or participation in this process.
- The decision of the Grant Committee will be final and cannot be appealed.
- Grant funds must be depleted within three years of award acceptance.
- Grant winners will receive awards calculated based on BD Biosciences standard pricing.
- The odds of winning are based on the number of entries and the merit of the application.
- Winner may be required to show proof of university matriculation.
- BD has the right to access the final results of the research findings obtained with product awarded from the grant.
- No grant substitution is permitted. Winner may be required to verify their entry.
- These rules and regulations are subject to change without notice for any reason including, without limitation, if necessary to comply with any applicable laws or regulations. By participating in the Research Grant Program, applicants agree to abide by these program Rules and Regulations and acknowledge that BD shall not be responsible for any damages, costs, demands, claims or losses of any kind, made in connection with, in respect of or arising out of this program or the grant, including without limitation, in connection with the development or use of the submissions.
- BD may ask for supplemental written confirmation after the grant is awarded.
Product groupings available for selection by winners of immunology grants:
- Research reagents
Product groupings excluded from immunology grants:
- Clinical, imaging, and research instrumentation
- ASR-regulated products (Analyte Specific Reagents)
- IVD-regulated products (For In Vitro Diagnostic Use)