Oligo Mouse Anti-Human B7-H4
Clone MIH43 (RUO)
- Brand BD™ AbSeq
- Alternative Name VTCN1; VCTN1; B7 family member, H4; B7H4; B7h.5; B7S1; B7X
- Vol. Per Test 2 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (Tested in Development)
Single Cell 3' Sequencing (Qualified)
- Barcode Sequence TAGAGTGACCGGACCTTGTGTGACGTGTAATGTATC
- Sequence ID AHS0108
- Immunogen Recombinant Human B7-H4 protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MIH43 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to human B7-H4 (B7 family member, H4) that is encoded by the VTCN1 (V-set domain containing T cell activation inhibitor 1) gene. B7-H4 is a type I membrane glycoprotein with a calculated molecular weight of 30.89 kDa. It is also known as VCTN1, B7h.5, B7S1 (B7 superfamily member 1) or B7X. B7-H4 is a newly discovered member of the B7 family of costimulatory proteins. B7-H4 is not constitutively expressed on peripheral tissues. Its expression can be induced on macrophages, dendritic cells, B cells and T cells. By binding to its putative receptor, the function of B7-H4 was initially reported to be a negative regulator of T cell activation, proliferation and differentiation related to cytokine production and cytotoxic effector cell functions. B7-H4 is reportedly overexpressed in a variety tumors. B7-H4 expression by tumor macrophages appears to play a role in suppression antigen-specific T cell mediated immunity. Recent studies indicate that B7-H4 can also be a positive regulator of T cell responses. B7-H4 can be involved innate immunity as well, eg, by inhibiting neutrophil expansion.
The antibody was conjugated to an oligonucleotide that contains an antibody clone-specific barcode (ABC) flanked by a poly-A tail on the 3' end and a PCR handle (PCR primer binding site) on the 5' end. The ABC for this antibody was designed to be used with other BD AbSeq oligonucleotides conjugated to other antibodies. All AbSeq ABC sequences were selected in silico to be unique from human and mouse genomes, have low predicted secondary structure, and have high Hamming distance within the BD AbSeq portfolio, to allow for sequencing error correction and unique mapping. The poly-A tail of the oligonucleotide allows the ABC to be captured by the BD Rhapsody™ system or other oligo-dT-based capture systems. The 5' PCR handle allows for efficient sequencing library generation for Illumina sequencing platforms.
- Format Antibody-Oligo
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography and conjugated to BD AbSeq oligonucleotide under optimal conditions.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended volume per test. Typical use is 2 µl for 1 × 10^6 cells in a 200-µl staining reaction.
- The production process underwent stringent testing and validation to assure that it generates a high-quality conjugate with consistent performance and specific binding activity. However, verification testing has not been performed on all conjugate lots.
- Please refer to bd.com/genomics-resources for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- This product is covered by one or more of the following patents: US 8,835,358; US 9,290,808; US 9,290,809; US 9,315,857; US 9,567,645; US 9,567,646; US 9,598,736; US 9,708,659; and US 9,816,137. This product, and only in the amount purchased by buyer, may be used solely for buyer’s own internal research, in a manner consistent with the accompanying product literature. No other right to use, sell or otherwise transfer (a) this product, or (b) its components is hereby granted expressly, by implication or by estoppel. Diagnostic uses require a separate license.
- Illumina is a trademark of Illumina, Inc.
Put all BD AbSeq Reagents to be pooled into a Latch Rack for 500 µL Tubes (Thermo Fisher Scientific Cat. No. 4900). Arrange the tubes so that they can be easily uncapped and re-capped with an 8-Channel Screw Cap Tube Capper (Thermo Fisher Scientific Cat. No. 4105MAT) and the reagents aliquoted with a multi-channel pipette.
BD AbSeq tubes should be centrifuged for ≥ 30 seconds at 400 × g to ensure removal of any content in the cap/tube threads prior to the first opening.