PE Rat Anti-Mouse CD84
Clone 1D3/CD84 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Cd84; CDw84; SLAM family member 5; SLAMF5
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse CD84 Recombinant Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 1D3/CD84 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes CD84 which is also known as Signaling lymphocytic activation molecule 5 (SLAM family member 5 or Slamf5). CD84 is a single-pass type I transmembrane glycoprotein that is encoded by Cd84 (CD84 antigen) which belongs to the SLAM family within the CD2-subset of the immunoglobulin superfamily (IgSF) of cell surface receptors. CD84 is comprised of an extracellular region with one N-terminal Ig-like V-type (IgV) domain followed by one Ig-like C2-type (IgC2) domain. Its cytoplasmic tail contains two immunoreceptor tyrosine-based switch motifs (ITSMs) and serves as a docking site for activating adaptor molecules, SLAM-associated protein (SAP) or EWS-activated transcript 2 (EAT-2), or inhibitory SH2-binding phosphatases. CD84 is variably expressed on B cells, T cells, NK cells, monocytes, macrophages, dendritic cells, granulocytes, mast cells, hematopoietic progenitor cells, and platelets. CD84 is a homotypic adhesion molecule that can function as a coreceptor in the regulation of innate and adaptive immune responses including the enhancement of T cell proliferation and cytokine production.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.