BUV805 Rat Anti-Mouse CD86
Clone PO3 (RUO)
BD OptiBuild custom reagents make BD Horizon Brilliant™ dyes readily available across a wide selection of cell surface antibodies. Learn more about what makes BD OptiBuild reagents unique Learn more at bdbiosciences.com/go/optibuild
- Alternative Name Cd86; B7-2; B7.2; Ly58; Ly-58; ETC-1; MB7-2; TS/A2; Cd28l2
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat SD, also known as Sprague-Dawley (outbred) IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Qualified)
- Immunogen BALB/c Mouse B Leukemia Cell Line BCL1
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The PO3 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the B7-2 (CD86) costimulatory molecule, which is expressed on a broad spectrum of leukocytes, including B lymphocytes, T lymphocytes, macrophages, dendritic cells, and Langerhans cells, plus astrocytes. CD86 is expressed at low levels by freshly explanted peripheral B and T cells, and its expression is substantially increased by a variety of T and B cell-specific stimuli with a peak expression after 18-42 hours of culture. In contrast to most naive CD4+ T cells, memory CD4+ T cells express B7-2, both at the mRNA and protein levels. CD86, a ligand for CD28 and CTLA-4, is one of the accessory molecules that plays an important role in T cell-B cell costimulatory interactions. It has been shown to be involved in immunoglobulin class switching and triggering of mouse NK cell-mediated cytotoxicity. CD80 (B7-1) is an alternate ligand for CD28 and CTLA-4. PO3 antibody blocks the in vitro stimulation of T-cell proliferation of T-cell proliferation by soluble anti-CD3e antibody (mAb 145-2C11, Cat. No. 553057) in the presence of CD86-expressing accessory cells. In vivo administration of PO3 mAb can inhibit much of the autoantibody production in (NZB x NZW) F1 mice; and in combination with an anti-CD80 mAb, it can prevent the development and progression of mouse systemic lupus erythematosus-like autoimmune disease.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BUV805 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Ultraviolet family of dyes. This dye is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BUV395 with an Ex Max of 348 nm and an acceptor dye with an Em Max at 805 nm. BD Horizon Brilliant BUV805 can be excited by the ultraviolet laser (355 nm) and detected with a 820/60 filter and a 770LP.
BUV805 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines BD Horizon BUV395 and an acceptor dye with an Em Max at 805 nm. BUV805 has been exclusively developed by BD Biosciences for instruments equipped with a 355-nm UV laser.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BUV805 under optimal conditions that minimize unconjugated dye and antibody.
- This antibody was developed for use in flow cytometry.
- The production process underwent stringent testing and validation to assure that it generates a high-quality conjugate with consistent performance and specific binding activity. However, verification testing has not been performed on all conjugate lots.
- Researchers should determine the optimal concentration of this reagent for their individual applications.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Ultraviolet 805 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673, 8,158,444; 8,227,187; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes (including BD OptiBuild Brilliant reagents) are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794).