BUV805 Rat Anti-Mouse CD223
Clone C9B7W (RUO)
BD OptiBuild custom reagents make BD Horizon Brilliant™ dyes readily available across a wide selection of cell surface antibodies. Learn more about what makes BD OptiBuild reagents unique Learn more at bdbiosciences.com/go/optibuild
- Alternative Name Lag3; LAG-3; Lymphocyte-activation gene 3; Ly66
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LEW, also known as Lewis IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Qualified)
- Immunogen Mouse LAG3 fusion protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The C9B7W antibody monoclonal antibody specifically binds to an epitope in the D2 domain of CD223 (LAG3), the 70-kDa protein encoded by Lymphocyte-activation gene 3 (Lag3). A fusion protein consisting of the entire extracellular region of mouse LAG3 with mouse IgG1 was used as immunogen. CD223 is a type-I membrane protein with four extracellular Ig-like domains; it is structurally homologous to CD4; and, like CD4, it binds MHC class II molecules. However, unlike CD4, it is not expressed on resting human and mouse T lymphocytes. In the mouse, as previously described in the human, CD223 expression is upregulated on T lymphocytes (both CD4+ and CD8+) activated through the T-cell receptor (TCR) and on IL-2-activated NK (LAK) cells, and it is not detected on B cells, dendritic cells, or Phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate (PMA)-stimulated splenocytes. Studies on human peripheral T lymphocytes suggest that CD223 associates with the TCR to downregulate TCR signaling. In contrast, in vivo and in vitro evaluations of vaccination protocols in mice suggest that CD223 promotes immune responses by activating antigen-presenting cells. Furthermore, NK cells of Lag3-/- mice display defects in their capacity to kill certain tumor cells. Mouse CD223 also has been demonstrated to contribute to the suppressor function of T regulatory cells and the C9B7W antibody has been shown to inhibit this function in vitro and in vivo. Therefore, CD223 appears to play complex roles in the regulation of immune responses. Although the C9B7W antibody is unable to block the binding of MHC class II-IgG2a fusion protein to CD223, it is able to block the CD223-mediated inhibition of IL-2 production by a T-cell hybridoma responding to antigen.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BUV805 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Ultraviolet family of dyes. This dye is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BUV395 with an Ex Max of 348 nm and an acceptor dye with an Em Max at 805 nm. BD Horizon Brilliant BUV805 can be excited by the ultraviolet laser (355 nm) and detected with a 820/60 filter and a 770LP.
BUV805 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines BD Horizon BUV395 and an acceptor dye with an Em Max at 805 nm. BUV805 has been exclusively developed by BD Biosciences for instruments equipped with a 355-nm UV laser.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BUV805 under optimal conditions that minimize unconjugated dye and antibody.
- This antibody was developed for use in flow cytometry.
- The production process underwent stringent testing and validation to assure that it generates a high-quality conjugate with consistent performance and specific binding activity. However, verification testing has not been performed on all conjugate lots.
- Researchers should determine the optimal concentration of this reagent for their individual applications.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Ultraviolet 805 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673, 8,158,444; 8,227,187; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes (including BD OptiBuild Brilliant reagents) are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794).