PE Rat Anti-Mouse CD268 (BAFF-R)
Clone 7H22-E16 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Tnfrsf13c; TR13C; BAFF-R; Baffr; Bcmd; Bcmd-1; BLyS receptor 3; Br3; Lvis22
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat WI, also known as Wistar (outbred) IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse BAFF-R Recombinant Protein
- Entrez Gene ID 72049
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 7H22-E16 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD268, which is also known as, B cell-activating factor receptor (BAFF-R), or BAFF Receptor 3 (BR3). CD268 is a type III transmembrane protein that is likewise known as Tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 13C (Tnfrsf13c). CD268/BAFF-R is a receptor for CD257 (also known as, BAFF, Blys, TALL-1, or THANK) and is expressed on B cells and a subset of activated/memory CD4+ T cells. B cells express two other BAFF receptors, CD267/TACI, or CD269/BCMA, at various times during their differentiation. CD268/BAFF-R expression starts at the transitional stage of B cell development and increases throughout B cell maturation. CD267/BAFF-R mediates most BAFF-dependent functions including B cell survival, the activation of B cell proliferation and immunoglobulin secretion, and the costimulation of T cells. Overexpression of BAFF in mice and humans is associated with autoimmunity, whereas CD268/BAFF-R deficiency may cause severe impairment in humoral responses.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.