PE Mouse Anti-Human Nectin-1 (CD111)
Clone CK41 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Nectin1; PRR1; PVRL1; PVRR1; HveC; HIgR; CLPED1; ED4; SK-12; OFC7
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human Recombinant Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The CK41 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to Nectin-1, which is also known as, CD111, Poliovirus receptor-related protein 1(PRR1, PVRL1), Herpes virus entry mediator C (HveC), or Herpesvirus Ig-like receptor (HIgR). Nectin-1 is a type I transmembrane glycoprotein that belongs to the Ig gene superfamily. CD111 is expressed on a variety of cell types including, epithelial cells, endothelial cells, neuronal cells, megakaryocytes, and CD34 positive stem cells. CD111 functions as a receptor for herpes simplex virus 1 (HSV 1) and HSV 2. Nectin-1 also serves as an intercellular adhesion molecule helping to form junctions between cells, eg, between endothelial cells or epithelial cells. Nectin-1 can bind to other Nectin-1 molecules and Nectin family members and to CD155 (Poliovirus Receptor/PVR).
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.