PE Mouse Anti-Human CD49c
Clone C3 II.1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name ITGA3; CD49C; FRP-2; GAP-B3; GAPB3; ILNEB; MSK18; VCA-2; VL3A; VLA3a
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Workshop No. V E072
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The C3 II.1 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes CD49c which is also known as Integrin alpha 3 (α3 integrin). CD49c is encoded by ITGA3 (Integrin subunit alpha 3). CD49c is a 150 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein which non-covalently associates with integrin β1 (CD29) to form the α3β1 (CD49c/CD29, VLA-3) complex. CD49c is expressed mostly on endothelial and epithelial cells (basal epidermal layers). It is not expressed on platelets and is expressed weakly on peripheral blood leucocytes, including T cells, B cells, and monocytes. The CD49c/CD29 complex serves as an adhesive receptor for kalinin or epiligrin. This interaction may be important for thymocyte interaction with thymic epithelium.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.