PE Mouse Anti-Human CD140b
Clone 28D4 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name PDGF Receptor β chain; PDGFRβ; PDGFRB; PDGFR1; PDGFR; PGFRB; JTK12
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Workshop No. VI E023
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Reacts with platelet derived growth factor (PDGF) receptor β, a 170-190 kDa single transmembrane glycoprotein expressed on fibroblasts, smooth muscle cells, glial cells and chondrocytes. PDGF receptors, α and β, are single glycoproteins with intracellular tyrosine kinase domains. They are structurally similar to M-CSF receptor and CD117 (c-kit). Their ligand, PDGF, is a mitogen for connective tissue cells and glial cells. PDGF plays a role in wound healing and acts as a chemoattractant for fibroblasts, smooth muscle cells, glial cells, monocytes and neutrophils. Functional PDGF is secreted as a disulfide-linked dimer of A and B chains (PDGF-AA, PDGF-BB or PDGF-AB). Binding of divalent PDGF induces receptor dimerization with three possible forms: αα, αβ, ββ. The PDGF receptor α-subunit binds both PDGF A and B chains, whereas the receptor β-subunit binds only PDGF B chain. Both receptor subunits can stimulate mitogenic responses, only the β subunit can induce chemotaxis. 28D4 is specific for PDGFRβ and does not cross-react with PDGFRα.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
Recommended Assay Procedure:
This product is routinely tested on 697 cell line. The histogram is an example of the expected reactivity.