PE Mouse anti-Human B7-H4
Clone MIH43 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name VTCN1; VCTN1; B7 family member, H4; B7H4; B7h.5; B7S1; B7X
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Recombinant Human B7-H4 protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MIH43 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to human B7-H4 (B7 family member, H4) that is encoded by the VTCN1 (V-set domain containing T cell activation inhibitor 1) gene. B7-H4 is a type I membrane glycoprotein with a calculated molecular weight of 30.89 kDa. It is also known as VCTN1, B7h.5, B7S1 (B7 superfamily member 1) or B7X. B7-H4 is a newly discovered member of the B7 family of costimulatory proteins. B7-H4 is not constitutively expressed on peripheral tissues. Its expression can be induced on macrophages, dendritic cells, B cells and T cells. By binding to its putative receptor, the function of B7-H4 was initially reported to be a negative regulator of T cell activation, proliferation and differentiation related to cytokine production and cytotoxic effector cell functions. B7-H4 is reportedly overexpressed in a variety tumors. B7-H4 expression by tumor macrophages appears to play a role in suppression antigen-specific T cell mediated immunity. Recent studies indicate that B7-H4 can also be a positive regulator of T cell responses. B7-H4 can be involved innate immunity as well, eg, by inhibiting neutrophil expansion.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.