FITC Mouse Anti-Human CD98
Clone UM7F8 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name SLC3A2; CD98HC; 4F2; 4F2hc; MDU1; NACAE; 4T2HC
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human T-leukemic and Thymic Cell Lines
- Workshop No. V T020; BP420
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
CD98 is a disulfide-linked heterodimer composed of a ~80-85 kDa, type II membrane glycoprotein heavy chain, (CD98hc), and ~40-45 kDa light chain. The UM7F8 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes CD98hc, which is also known as 4F2 heavy chain antigen (4F2hc). CD98 is broadly expressed on hematopoietic cells, including peripheral blood lymphocytes, monocytes and granulocytes (low), as well as non-hematopoietic cells, eg, intestinal epithelial cells. CD98 expression is upregulated on activated and proliferating cells. CD98hc is encoded by the SLC3A2 [solute carrier family 3 (amino acid transporter heavy chain), member 2] gene. CD98 reportedly functions in transmembrane amino acid transport and in the regulation of integrin signaling which are involved in the regulation of cellular activation, proliferation, and survival. The UM7F8 antibody is reportedly a functional antibody that can costimulate T cell proliferative responses.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.