BV421 Mouse Anti-Human CD140b
Clone 28D4 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name PDGF Receptor β chain; PDGFRβ; PDGFRB; PDGFR1; PDGFR; PGFRB; JTK12
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Workshop No. VI E023
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Reacts with platelet derived growth factor (PDGF) receptor β, a 170-190 kDa single transmembrane glycoprotein expressed on fibroblasts, smooth muscle cells, glial cells and chondrocytes. PDGF receptors, α and β, are single glycoproteins with intracellular tyrosine kinase domains. They are structurally similar to M-CSF receptor and CD117 (c-kit). Their ligand, PDGF, is a mitogen for connective tissue cells and glial cells. PDGF plays a role in wound healing and acts as a chemoattractant for fibroblasts, smooth muscle cells, glial cells, monocytes and neutrophils. Functional PDGF is secreted as a disulfide-linked dimer of A and B chains (PDGF-AA, PDGF-BB or PDGF-AB). Binding of divalent PDGF induces receptor dimerization with three possible forms: αα, αβ, ββ. The PDGF receptor α-subunit binds both PDGF A and B chains, whereas the receptor β-subunit binds only PDGF B chain. Both receptor subunits can stimulate mitogenic responses, only the β subunit can induce chemotaxis. 28D4 is specific for PDGFRβ and does not cross-react with PDGFRα.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV421 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant Violet™ family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max at 421-nm, BD Horizon BV421 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the standard Pacific Blue™ filter set (eg, 450/50-nm filter). BD Horizon BV421 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting a 10 fold improvement in brightness compared to Pacific Blue conjugates.
BV421 is a polymer-based dye excited by the violet laser and is one of the brightest fluorochromes offered by BD Biosciences. Conjugates are typically 10 times brighter than Pacific Blue™ conjugates and are often as bright as or brighter than PE conjugates. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon™ V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV421 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BV421 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Brilliant Violet™ 421 is a trademark of Sirigen.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.