BUV805 Mouse Anti-Human CD117 (c-Kit)
Clone 104D2 (RUO)
BD OptiBuild custom reagents make BD Horizon Brilliant™ dyes readily available across a wide selection of cell surface antibodies. Learn more about what makes BD OptiBuild reagents unique Learn more at bdbiosciences.com/go/optibuild
- Alternative Name KIT; c-Kit; SCFR; PBT; Mast/stem cell growth factor receptor
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1
- Reactivity Human (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Qualified)
- Immunogen Megakaryoctic cell line MOLM-1
- Workshop No. VI C30
- Entrez Gene ID 3815
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 104D2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to human CD117, the receptor for stem cell factor (SCF). It selectively recognizes NIH- 3T3 cells transfected with human c-kit, the gene that codes for SCF-R. The 104D2 antibody does not block the epitope that binds SCF. In the bone marrow of humans and mice, SCF is expressed primarily on hematopoietic progenitor cells. Lack of functional SCF or deficient SCF-R caused by mutations in the Sl and W loci, respectively, can result in severe anemia and a decrease in the number of primitive progenitor cells in mice. Human hematopoietic progenitor cells can be recognized by their surface expression of CD34. This cell population constitutes a small subset (1% to 5%) of bone marrow cells. CD34+ cells contain a small subpopulation of primitive/non-committed progenitors, with the remaining fraction being cells committed to the various hematopoietic lineages. SCF alone induces extensive proliferation of erythroid-committed progenitor cells (CD34lo CD71hi CD64-). On primitive (CD34hi CD38lo CD50+) and granulo-monocytic (CD34+ CD64+) progenitor cells, SCF synergistically enhances the effects of other cytokines, the strongest of which are on the primitive progenitor cells. In addition, SCF promotes survival of primitive progenitors in the absence of proliferation. The receptor is highly expressed at similar levels on all of the three mentioned CD34+ cell subsets, whereas B-lymphoid committed progenitor cells (CD34+ CD19+) express low levels of SCF-R. Among CD34- bone marrow cells, only a small number of cells (mostly erythroid) express the receptor.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BUV805 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Ultraviolet family of dyes. This dye is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BUV395 with an Ex Max of 348 nm and an acceptor dye with an Em Max at 805 nm. BD Horizon Brilliant BUV805 can be excited by the ultraviolet laser (355 nm) and detected with a 820/60 filter and a 770LP.
BUV805 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines BD Horizon BUV395 and an acceptor dye with an Em Max at 805 nm. BUV805 has been exclusively developed by BD Biosciences for instruments equipped with a 355-nm UV laser.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BUV805 under optimal conditions that minimize unconjugated dye and antibody.
- This antibody was developed for use in flow cytometry.
- The production process underwent stringent testing and validation to assure that it generates a high-quality conjugate with consistent performance and specific binding activity. However, verification testing has not been performed on all conjugate lots.
- Researchers should determine the optimal concentration of this reagent for their individual applications.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Ultraviolet 805 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673, 8,158,444; 8,227,187; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes (including BD OptiBuild Brilliant reagents) are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794).