BUV805 Mouse Anti-Human CD102
Clone CBR-IC2/2 (RUO)
BD OptiBuild custom reagents make BD Horizon Brilliant™ dyes readily available across a wide selection of cell surface antibodies. Learn more about what makes BD OptiBuild reagents unique Learn more at bdbiosciences.com/go/optibuild
- Alternative Name ICAM2; ICAM-2; Intercellular adhesion molecule 2
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Human (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Qualified)
- Immunogen Human ICAM-2 Transfected Cell Line
- Workshop No. V S086
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The CBR-IC2/2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD102 which is also known as, intercellular adhesion molecule-2 (ICAM-2/ICAM2). CD102 is a type I transmembrane glycoprotein, member of the immunoglobulin supergene family, with an approximate molecular weight of 55-65 kDa. Its extracellular domain consists of two C2-type immunoglobulin-like subunits. The transmembrane region is 26 residues in size and the intracellular region also has 26 residues. CD102 is expressed on vascular endothelial cells, lymphocytes, monocytes, eosinophils, and platelets, but not on resting neutrophils. It is a ligand for the leukocyte integrin CD11a/CD18, or leukocyte function-associated antigen-1 (LFA-1), and there are reports of CD102 binding to leukocyte integrin CD11b/CD18 (Mac-1). Antibody CBR-IC2/2 blocks the binding of CD102 to leukocyte integrin CD11a/CD18. CD102 plays an important role in lymphocyte recirculation and in providing costimulatory signals in the immune response.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BUV805 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Ultraviolet family of dyes. This dye is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BUV395 with an Ex Max of 348 nm and an acceptor dye with an Em Max at 805 nm. BD Horizon Brilliant BUV805 can be excited by the ultraviolet laser (355 nm) and detected with a 820/60 filter and a 770LP.
BUV805 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines BD Horizon BUV395 and an acceptor dye with an Em Max at 805 nm. BUV805 has been exclusively developed by BD Biosciences for instruments equipped with a 355-nm UV laser.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BUV805 under optimal conditions that minimize unconjugated dye and antibody.
- This antibody was developed for use in flow cytometry.
- The production process underwent stringent testing and validation to assure that it generates a high-quality conjugate with consistent performance and specific binding activity. However, verification testing has not been performed on all conjugate lots.
- Researchers should determine the optimal concentration of this reagent for their individual applications.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Ultraviolet 805 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673, 8,158,444; 8,227,187; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes (including BD OptiBuild Brilliant reagents) are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794).