BB515 Mouse Anti-Human CD39
Clone TU66 (also known as Tü 66, Tü66) (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name ENTPD1; NTPDase-1; Ecto-ATPase 1; Ecto-ATPDase 1
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Workshop No. IV A54
- Entrez Gene ID 953
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The TU66 monoclonal antibody reacts with human CD39, also known as ectonucleoside triphosphate diphosphohydrolase 1 (ENTPD1), an ectoenzyme that degrades ATP to AMP. It is a member of the ectonucleoside triphosphate dihydrolases (E-NTPDases) family involved in the regulation of extracellular nucleotide catabolism by controlling the extracellular nucleoside triphosphate pool (NTP). CD39 is expressed on a subset of T cells, B cells and dendritic cells, with weak staining of monocytes and granulocytes. Recently, CD39 has been found to be expressed primarily by immune-suppressive Foxp3(+) regulatory T (Treg) cells in both human and mice. In humans, CD39 is restricted to a subset of Foxp3+ regulatory effector/memory-like T cells. In mice, the enzyme is present on most, if not all, CD4+CD25+ cells. CD39 expression is driven by Foxp3 and it is thought that CD39 allows Treg cells to enter inflamed areas where high levels of ATP are present.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BB515 which was developed exclusively by BD Biosciences. With an excitation max of 490 nm and an emission max of 515 nm, BD Horizon BB515 can be excited by the 488 nm laser and detected in a standard FITC set (eg, 530/30-nm filter). This dye provides a much brighter alternative to FITC with less spillover into the PE detector.
BB515 is a dye that was exclusively developed by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to FITC. This dye is up to seven times brighter than FITC and has less spillover into the PE channel. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, BB515, FITC, and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BB515 under optimum conditions and unconjugated antibody was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- The manufacture, use, sale, offer for sale, or import of this product is subject to one or more patents or pending applications. This product, and only in the amount purchased by buyer, may be used solely for buyer’s own internal research, in a manner consistent with the accompanying product literature. No other right to use, sell or otherwise transfer (a) this product, or (b) its components is hereby granted expressly, by implication or by estoppel. Diagnostic uses require a separate license.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- CF™ is a trademark of Biotium, Inc.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to http://regdocs.bd.com to access safety data sheets (SDS).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
For optimal results, it is recommended to perform 2 washes after staining with antibodies. Cells may be prepared, stained with antibodies and washed twice with wash buffer per established protocols for immunofluorescent staining, prior to acquisition on a flow cytometer. Performing fewer than the recommended wash steps may lead to increased spread of the negative population.