APC Mouse Anti-SSEA-1
Clone MC480 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name 3-FAL, X-hapten, LeX antigen, CD15
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgM, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing) Human (Reported)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse Teratocarcinoma Cell Line
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, protein stabilizer, and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MC480 monoclonal antibody reacts with Stage-Specific Embryonic Antigen-1 (SSEA-1), which is a terminal carbohydrate epitope (3-fucosyl-N-acetyllactosamine or 3-FAL) on glycoproteins and lactose-series glycolipids. SSEA-1 is related to Lewis blood group antigens and is found in a variety of embryonic as well as adult tissues and cancers. As its name implies, the expression of SSEA-1 is stage-specific and can be used to characterize embryonic cells and monitor their differentiation. However, its expression pattern differs between human and mice. In the human, SSEA-1 is not found on embryonic stem (ES) cells, embryonic inner cell mass (ICM), or teratocarcinoma (embryonal carcinoma or EC) cells. As human EC and ES cells undergo differentiation, SSEA-1 expression is upregulated. In the adult, the same epitope is expressed as CD15 on granulocytes and monocytes, but not lymphocytes or dendritic cells. In the mouse, SSEA-1 is found on EC, ES, primordial germ cells, 8-cell to blastocyst embryos, ICM, and subpopulations of cells in the adult central nervous system, including stem cells. In contrast to human SSEA-1 expression, it is reduced when mouse EC and ES cells undergo differentiation.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- This APC-conjugated reagent can be used in any flow cytometer equipped with a dye, HeNe, or red diode laser.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Accutase is a registered trademark of Innovative Cell Technologies, Inc.
- Please refer to http://regdocs.bd.com to access safety data sheets (SDS).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.