APC Mouse Anti-Human B7-H4
Clone MIH43 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name VTCN1; VCTN1; B7 family member, H4; B7H4; B7h.5; B7S1; B7X
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Recombinant Human B7-H4 protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MIH43 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to human B7-H4 (B7 family member, H4) that is encoded by the VTCN1 (V-set domain containing T cell activation inhibitor 1) gene. B7-H4 is a type I membrane glycoprotein with a calculated molecular weight of 30.89 kDa. It is also known as VCTN1, B7h.5, B7S1 (B7 superfamily member 1) or B7X. B7-H4 is a newly discovered member of the B7 family of costimulatory proteins. B7-H4 is not constitutively expressed on peripheral tissues. Its expression can be induced on macrophages, dendritic cells, B cells and T cells. By binding to its putative receptor, the function of B7-H4 was initially reported to be a negative regulator of T cell activation, proliferation and differentiation related to cytokine production and cytotoxic effector cell functions. B7-H4 is reportedly overexpressed in a variety tumors. B7-H4 expression by tumor macrophages appears to play a role in suppression antigen-specific T cell mediated immunity. Recent studies indicate that B7-H4 can also be a positive regulator of T cell responses. B7-H4 can be involved innate immunity as well, eg, by inhibiting neutrophil expansion.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- This APC-conjugated reagent can be used in any flow cytometer equipped with a dye, HeNe, or red diode laser.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.