PE Mouse anti-BATF
Clone S39-1060 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Basic leucine zipper transcriptional factor ATF-like, SFA-2, B-ATF, Batf
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Mouse (Tested in Development)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human BATF Recombinant Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The S39-1060 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to BATF. BATF is also known as B-cell-activating transcription factor, Activating transcription factor B, Basic leucine zipper transcription factor ATF-like, and SF-HT-activated gene 2 protein (SFA-2). BATF is a 14 kDa basic leucine zipper protein that belongs to the AP-1/ATF superfamily of transcription factors. It is upregulated in activated T cells when compared to naïve T and B cells. BATF functions by dimerizing with members of the Jun transcription factor family and binds to AP-1 DNA sequences. BATF plays roles in the differentiation of Th9 cells, Th17 cells, T follicular helper cells, CD8+ effector T cells, CD8+ dendritic cells, Ig isotype-switching B cells, and possibly Th2 cells.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.