PerCP-Cy™5.5 Rat Anti-Human IL-2
Clone MQ1-17H12 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name IL2; Interleukin-2; T-cell growth factor; TCGF
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Rat IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus, Cynomolgus, Baboon (Tested in Development)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human IL-2 Recombinant Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MQ1-17H12 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the multifunctional cytokine, human Interleukin-2 (IL-2). IL-2 is produced by activated T cells and has multiple functions that can affect the growth, proliferation, differentiation and survival of many different target cell types including T cells, B cells, NK cells, monocytes and macrophages. The immunogen used to generate the MQ1-17H12 hybridoma was purified recombinant human IL-2 protein. The MQ1-17H12 antibody reportedly neutralizes the biological activity of human IL-2.
PerCP-Cy™5.5 is a tandem conjugate that combines PerCP with a cyanine dye. PerCP-Cy5.5 is not subject to photobeaching like PerCP and can be used with stream-in-air flow cytometers. It has less Fc receptor–mediated nonspecific staining than PE-Cy5. Additionally, the PerCP-Cy5.5 tandem conjugate is not as susceptible to fixative or light instability compared to APC-Cy7 and PE-Cy7.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with PerCP-Cy5.5 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PerCP-Cy5.5 were removed. Storage of PerCP-Cy5.5 conjugates in unoptimized diluent is not recommended and may result in loss of signal intensity.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Please observe the following precautions: Absorption of visible light can significantly alter the energy transfer occurring in any tandem fluorochrome conjugate; therefore, we recommend that special precautions be taken (such as wrapping vials, tubes, or racks in aluminum foil) to prevent exposure of conjugated reagents, including cells stained with those reagents, to room illumination.
- PerCP-Cy5.5 is optimized for use with a single argon ion laser emitting 488-nm light. Because of the broad absorption spectrum of the tandem fluorochrome, extra care must be taken when using dual-laser cytometers, which may directly excite both PerCP and Cy5.5™. We recommend the use of cross-beam compensation during data acquisition or software compensation during data analysis.
- PerCP-Cy5.5–labelled antibodies can be used with FITC- and R-PE–labelled reagents in single-laser flow cytometers with no significant spectral overlap of PerCP-Cy5.5, FITC, and R-PE fluorescence.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
- Cy is a trademark of GE Healthcare.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
Flow cytometry: The MQ1-17H12 antibody is useful for immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify and enumerate IL-2 producing cells within mixed cell populations. A useful control investigators may consider using for demonstrating specificity of staining, is to pre-block with one of the following reagents: (1) recombinant human IL-2 (Cat. No. 554603) or (2) unlabeled MQ1-17H12 antibody (Cat. No. 554563), prior to staining.