PE Mouse anti-Human PI-16
Clone CRCBT-02-001 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name CD364; PI16; Peptidase inhibitor 16; CRISP-9; PSPBP; PSP94-binding protein
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human PI-16 Transfected Cell Line
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The CRCBT-02-001 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to human CD364 which is also known as Peptidase inhibitor 16 (PI-16) or Protease inhibitor 16. PI-16 is a glycophosphatidylinositol-linked, 436 amino acid surface glycoprotein. It is a member of the cysteine-rich secretory protein (CRISP) family and is likewise known as CRISP9. PI-16 is a putative serine protease inhibitor and can serve as a binding protein for PSP94 (prostate secretory protein of 94 amino acids) termed PSPBP. Serum levels of PSP94 and PI-16 can reportedly serve as key targets for prostate cancer research. PI-16 is highly expressed by the activated/memory, FoxP3-bright subsets of regulatory T cells. PI-16-positive regulatory T cells expressed uniformly high levels of the chemokine receptors, CCR4 and CCR6, when compared with PI-16-negative T regulatory cells. The results suggest that the CCR4+CCR6+ regulatory T cells are capable of homing to inflammatory sites and regulating effector T cells such as CCR4+CCR6+ Th17-like cells. PI-16 is also expressed by subsets of memory CD4+ and CD8-bright T cells. It is not expressed by B cells or monocytes.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Cy is a trademark of Amersham Biosciences Limited.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.