FITC Mouse Anti-Human CD11a
Clone G43-25B (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name LFA-1α; LFA-1A; LFA1A; Integrin alpha-L; ITGAL
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The G43-25B monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD11a. CD11a is the 180 kD integrin α chain which associates with CD18 (integrin β2) to form the heterodimer glycoprotein CD11a/CD18. This is known as the lymphocyte function associated antigen-1 (LFA-1), which is on all leukocytes; and is an adhesion molecule involved in lymphocyte and granulocyte functions. LFA-1 mediates adhesion of lymphoid cells to the vascular endothelium in association with its ligand, the intracellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1), CD54. Other ligands are ICAM-2 (CD102) and ICAM-3 (CD50).
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.