FITC Mouse Anti-Human CD91
Clone A2MR-α2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name A2MR; APOER; APR; IGFBP3R; TGFBR5; LRPA; LRP1
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Purified Human α2 Macroglobulin
- Workshop No. V MA110
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The A2MR-α2 monoclonal antibody specifically reacts with a 600 kDa, type I membrane single protein, also known as the α2 Macroglobulin (α2M) receptor/low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 1 (LRP-1). Reported to be an endocytic receptor involved with intracellular signalling, lipid homeostasis, clearance of apoptotic cells, and α2 Macroglobulin mediated clearance of secreted amyloid precursor protein found in Alzheimer patients. The single chain receptor undergoes cleavage, shortly after synthesis, into the 85 kDa transmembrane β chain that non-covalently binds to the extracellular 500-515 kDa a chain. It has a broad cellular distribution, but in the hematopoietic system it is expressed on monocyte lineage cells. α2M/LRP-1 mediates endocytosis of a variety of ligands including α2M-proteinase complexes, plasminogen activators in complex with plasminogen activator inhibitor, or Pseudomonas Exotoxin A. Ligand binding to α2M/LRP-1 is followed by rapid transport of the ligand to lysosomes for degradation.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.