FITC Mouse Anti-Human CD62P
Clone AC1.2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name P-Selectin
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Rhesus, Cynomolgus, Baboon (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Activated Human Platelets
- Workshop No. V S058
- Entrez Gene ID 6403
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Reacts with the human form of the 140 kDa membrane glycoprotein, P-selectin, formerly known as platelet activation-dependent granule external membrane protein (PADGEM), or granule membrane protein (GMP-140). P-selectin is stored in the α -granules of platelets and the Weibel-Palade bodies of endothelial cells, and is rapidly transported to the plasma membrane upon activation. P-selectin is thought to mediate the initial adhesive interactions of neutrophils and monocytes with endothelium in inflammatory responses, and of activated platelets to neutrophils and monocytes in hemostasis. This antibody is a non-blocking monoclonal antibody and is suitable for immunohistochemical staining of formalin-fixed, paraffin embedded, tissue sections. Clone AC1.2 also cross reacts with activated platelets of baboon, and both rhesus and cynomolgus macaque monkeys. The reactivity on resting and activated platelets is similar to that observed on resting and activated platelets of human donors.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.