APC-Cy™7 Rat Anti-Mouse CD45R
Clone RA3-6B2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name B220; Ly-5; CD45R; LCA; Ptprc; Protein tyrosine phosphatase receptor type C
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing) Human (Reported)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse Abelson Leukemia Virus-Induced pre-B tumor cells
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The RA3-6B2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to an epitope on the extracellular domain of the transmembrane CD45 glycoprotein which is dependent upon the expression of exon A and specific carbohydrate residues. It is expressed on B lymphocytes at all stages from pro-B through mature and activated B cell, but it is decreased on plasma cells and a subset of memory B cells. The levels of CD45R expression on the B-cell lineage appear to be developmentally regulated. It is also reportedly found on the abnormal T cells involved in the lymphadenopathy of lpr/lpr and gld/gld mutant mice, on lytically active subsets of lymphokine-activated killer cells (NK cells and non-MHC-restricted CTL), on apoptotic T lymphocytes of mice injected with bacterial superantigen, on a population of NK-cell precursors in the bone marrow, and on B-lymphocyte, T-lymphocyte, and macrophage progenitors in fetal liver. The CD45R antigen has been reported not to be on hematopoietic stem cells, naive T lymphocytes, or MHC-restricted CTL. CD45 is a member of the Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase (PTP) family: Its intracellular (COOH-terminal) region contains two PTP catalytic domains, and the extracellular region is highly variable due to alternative splicing of exons 4, 5, and 6 (designated A, B, and C, respectively), plus differing levels of glycosylation. The CD45 isoforms detected in the mouse are cell type-, maturation, and activation state-specific. The CD45 isoforms play complex roles in T-cell and B-cell antigen receptor signal transduction. CD45R is commonly used as a pan B-cell marker; however, CD19 expression, detectable by the rat anti-mouse CD19 antibody (clone 1D3), is reported to be more restricted to the B-cell lineage. The rat anti-mouse CD45R antibody (clone RA3-6B2) has been reported to enhance isotype switching during in vitro B-cell responses and to inhibit in vivo B-cell responses. Cross-reaction of the RA3-6B2 clone with activated human T lymphocytes has also been reportedly observed.
APC-Cy™7 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines APC and a cyanine dye (Cy7). Special precautions must be taken with APC-Cy7 conjugates, and cells stained with them, to protect the fluorochrome from long-term exposure to light. Some APC-Cy7 conjugates show changes in their emission spectra with prolonged exposure to paraformaldehyde. Fixed cells should be analyzed within 4 hours of fixation in paraformaldehyde or transferred to a paraformaldehyde-free buffer for overnight storage. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC-Cy7 and APC-H7 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with APC-Cy7 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC-Cy7 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Please observe the following precautions: Absorption of visible light can significantly alter the energy transfer occurring in any tandem fluorochrome conjugate; therefore, we recommend that special precautions be taken (such as wrapping vials, tubes, or racks in aluminum foil) to prevent exposure of conjugated reagents, including cells stained with those reagents, to room illumination.
- APC-Cy7 tandem fluorochrome emission is collected in a detector for fluorescence wavelengths of 750 nm and higher.
- APC-Cy7 is a tandem fluorochrome composed of Allophycocyanin (APC), which is excited by laser lines between 595 and 647 nm and serves as an energy donor, coupled to the cyanine dye Cy7™, which acts as an energy acceptor and fluoresces at 780 nm. BD Biosciences Pharmingen has maximized the fluorochrome energy transfer in APC-Cy7, thus maximizing its fluorescence emission intensity, minimizing residual emission from APC, and minimizing required electronic compensation in multilaser-laser flow cytometry systems. Note: Although every effort is made to minimize the lot-to-lot variation in residual emission from APC, it is strongly recommended that every lot be tested for differences in the amount of compensation required and that individual compensation controls are run for each APC-Cy7 conjugate.
- Warning: Some APC-Cy7 and PE-Cy7 conjugates show changes in their emission spectrum with prolonged exposure to formaldehyde. If you are unable to analyze fixed samples within four hours, we recommend that you use BD™ Stabilizing Fixative (Cat. No. 338036).
- This product is subject to proprietary rights of Amersham Biosciences Corp. and Carnegie Mellon University and made and sold under license from Amersham Biosciences Corp. This product is licensed for sale only for research. It is not licensed for any other use. If you require a commercial license to use this product and do not have one return this material, unopened to BD Biosciences, 10975 Torreyana Rd, San Diego, CA 92121 and any money paid for the material will be refunded.
- Cy is a trademark of Amersham Biosciences Limited. This conjugated product is sold under license to the following patents: US Patent Nos. 5,486,616; 5,569,587; 5,569,766; 5,627,027.