PE Mouse Anti-ASGPR 1
Clone 8D7 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Asialoglycoprotein receptor 1, ASGR1, ASGP-R1, ASGPR 1, HL-1, CLEC4H1
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rat (Reported)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Rat Liver membrane constituents
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 8D7 monoclonal antibody recognizes Asialoglycoprotein receptor 1 (ASGPR 1), also known as Hepatic lectin H1 (HL-1). ASGPR 1 is an approximately 42 kDA type II integral membrane protein that is expressed on the surface of hepatic cells. It is expressed by hepatocytes on the sinusoidal-lateral plasma membrane but not on the bile canalicular membrane. ASGPR 1 plays a role in serum glycoprotein homeostasis. It functions as a subunit of the Asialoglycoprotein receptor (ASGPR) complex that binds, internalizes, and transports various glycoproteins for lysosomal degradation. The receptor may also promote hepatic infection by the binding and uptake of various viruses. The immunogen used to generate the 8D7 hybridoma was rat liver membrane extracts. Rat ASGPR consists of three polypeptide subunits (Rat hepatic lectin 1-3 (RHL1-3). The 8D7 antibody has been shown to react with a subunit-specific epitope on RHL-1. Clone 8D7 cross-reacts with human ASGPR 1.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Accutase is a registered trademark of Innovative Cell Technologies, Inc.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.