PE Mouse anti-MEK1 (pS218)/MEK2 (pS222) Clone O24-836 (RUO)
- BD Phosflow™
- Alternative Name
- MAP2K1/2; MAPKK1/2; MAP kinase kinase 1/2; MAP2K1/2; PRKMK1/2
- Vol. Per Test
- 5 µl
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Human (QC Testing) Mouse (Tested in Development)
- Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Phosphorylated Human MEK1 Peptide
- Storage Buffer
- Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status
- For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
- RUO (GMP)
- For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures. Although not required, these products are manufactured in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- General Purpose Reagent
- For In Vitro Diagnostic Use.
- Analyte Specific Reagent. Analytical and performance characteristics are not established.
Regulatory Status Legend
Any use of products other than the permitted use without the express written authorization of Becton, Dickinson and Company is strictly prohibited.
The O24-836 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the human MEK1 pS218 and MEK2 pS222 phosphorylated sites. MEK1 and MEK2 (MEK1/MEK2) are ~45 kDa dual-specificity protein kinases that are also known as MAPK/ERK Kinase 1 and 2 and MAP kinase kinases (aka, MAP2K1 and 2, MAPKK1 and 2, or MKK1 and 2). MEK1 and MEK2 activation is dependent upon phosphorylation of certain amino acid residues including serine 218 (pS218) of MEK1 and serine 222 (pS222) of MEK2 by MAP kinase kinase kinases (MAP3Ks), such as by Raf kinases. MEK1/MEK2 can phosphorylate and thus activate the MAP (Mitogen-Activated Protein) kinases, ERK1 and ERK2. The ERK kinases are critically involved in multiple signal transduction pathways induced by growth factors, cytokines, and mitogens. These kinases regulate cellular growth, differentiation, survival, motility and angiogenesis. Dysregulated activation of MEK1/2 is observed in tumor cells. During antibody development, the purified O24-836 monoclonal antibody was found to detect phosphorylated MEK1/MEK2 by Western blot analysis of cellular lysates and by indirect immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis of fixed and permeabilized cells. This antibody crossreacts with phosphorylated MEK1/MEK2 expressed by mouse cells as tested by Western blot analysis and immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis.
- Excitation Source
- Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max
- 496 nm
- Emission Max
- 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|554002||HRP Goat Anti-Mouse Ig RUO||1 mL||
|554656||Stain Buffer (FBS) RUO||500 mL||
|558049||Lyse/Fix Buffer 5X RUO||250 mL||
|558050||Perm Buffer III RUO||125 mL||
|558052||Perm Buffer II RUO||125 mL||
|560746||Perm Buffer IV 10× RUO||50 mL||
|557885||Perm/Wash Buffer I RUO||125 mL||
|559320||PE Mouse IgG1, κ Isotype Control RUO||100 Tests||
|562457||Purified Mouse anti-MEK1 (pS218)/MEK2 (pS222) O24-836 RUO||0.1 mg||
Preparation and Storage
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
For more information please refer to the resources located on the BD Biosciences webpage: http://www.bdbiosciences.com/support/resources/index.jsp
New Shopping List