BUV395 Mouse Anti-Human CD34
Clone 581 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name gp105-120; My10; Hematopoietic progenitor cell antigen CD34
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Workshop No. V MA27, VI E004
- Entrez Gene ID 947
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 581 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD34, a sialomucin-like type I transmembrane glycoprotein. This single-chain, 105-120 kDa, heavily O-glycosylated protein is expressed on hematopoietic progenitor cells, vascular endothelium, bone marrow stromal cells and embryonic fibroblasts. The cytoplasmic region of the CD34 antigen is a target for phosphorylation by activated protein kinase C suggesting CD34 may play a role in signal transduction. CD34 may also play a role as an adhesion molecule since it binds to CD62E and CD62L. Clone 581 binds to the class III CD34 epitope, it is resistant to neuraminidase, chymopapain and glycoprotease. The 581 antibody blocks reactivity of another anti-CD34 monoclonal antibody, 8G12.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BUV395 which has been exclusively developed by BD Biosciences as an optimal dye for use on a 355 nm laser equipped instrument. With an Ex Max at 348 nm and an Em Max at 395 nm, this dye has virtually no spillover into any other detector. BD Horizon™ BUV395 can be excited with a 355 nm laser and detected with a 379/28 filter.
BUV395 is a UV-excitable dye that has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences. With an excitation max of 348 nm and emission max of 395 nm, BUV395 can be excited by the 355-nm laser and detected in a 379/28 filter. This dye is optimal for multicolor flow cytometry because it has little to no spillover into other detectors.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BUV395 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BUV395 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.