Open and Configurable to Maximize Flexibility
The BD™ CBA Flex Set system provides an open and configurable menu of bead-based reagents designed to make it easy to create multiplex assays. Available specificities include soluble protein assays for detection of human, mouse, or rat cytokines, chemokines, and growth factors; human immunoglobulins; and cell signaling assays for the detection of phosphorylated cell signaling proteins. Up to 30 analytes can be measured simultaneously using the BD CBA Flex Set system on a flow cytometer equipped with 488-nm or 532-nm and 633-nm lasers. The assays have been formulated to be mixed into any size plex, and they are all sold individually to provide a highly flexible system. All products are available off-the-shelf so custom orders are not required. Each product area (Human Soluble Protein, Mouse/Rat Soluble Protein, and Human Immunoglobulin) has a unique Master Buffer Kit. All assays within each product area have been verified for performance in single-plex and in multiplexed scenarios to ensure consistent data.
Simple steps to building a BD CBA Flex Set multiplex
BD CBA Flex Sets make it easy to build a multiplex by following five simple steps. First choose the analytes to be measured and the corresponding buffer kit. Then follow the simple formulation instructions in the Master Buffer Kit manual. Assay components are all formulated at 1 µL per test for easy calculations, and the unique lyophilized standard pellets facilitate the combination of proteins to make the standards mix. The finished assay can be acquired on a variety of dual-laser flow cytometers and analyzed using FCAP Array™ software.
- Choose from our menu of Human, Mouse, Rat, and Cell Signaling BD CBA Flex Set Assays. Each BD CBA Flex Set comes with capture beads, detection reagent, and standards. Sufficient reagents are provided to run 100 tests including two standard curves. All assays are available off-the-shelf and ready for mixing. With BD CBA Flex Sets you can get right to work—no custom orders required.
- Choose a 100- or 500-test size BD CBA Flex Set Master Buffer Kit. Each BD CBA Flex Set Master Buffer Kit contains all the assay reagents and instrument setup beads necessary for any size multiplex configured from compatible BD CBA Flex Sets. This means that for running a single-plex assay, a 10-plex assay, or larger, the buffer reagents are optimized to perform with the customized mixture selected and yield the correct number of assay tests.
- Perform the assay following the instructions in the Master Buffer Kit manual.
- Acquire samples on a dual-laser flow cytometer. BD CBA Flex Set reagents have been verified for performance on a number of BD dual-laser flow cytometry platforms. The plate-based BD FACSArray bioanalyzer can be used to optimize assay throughput and workflow. Simply prepare samples and standards in a 96-well filter-bottom plate, launch the previously designed BD FACSArray template, load the plate, and experience truly hands-free sample acquisition.
- Analyze data files using FCAP Array multiplex analysis software. Use the intuitive, wizard-driven FCAP Array software to plot standard curves and calculate sample concentrations.
|Instrument||Reporter Parameters||Clustering Parameters|
|BD FACSVerse™ flow cytometer||PE||CBA Red and CBA NIR|
|BD Accuri™ C6 flow cytometer*||FL2||FL4 (675/25) and FL3 (780/60)|
|BD FACSArray™ bioanalyzer||Yellow||Red and NIR|
|BD FACSCanto™ II flow cytometer||PE||APC and APC-Cy™7|
|BD LSRFortessa™ flow cytometer||PE||APC and APC-Cy7|
|BD FACSAria™ III cell sorter||PE||APC and APC-Cy7|
|BD FACSCalibur™ flow cytometer||FL2||FL4 and FL3|
*Requires the BD Accuri Selectable Laser Module (Cat. No. 653126)
Cy™ is a trademark of Amersham Biosciences Corp. Cy™ dyes are subject to proprietary rights of Amersham Biosciences Corp and Carnegie Mellon University and are made and sold under license from Amersham Biosciences Corp only for research and in vitro diagnostic use. Any other use requires a commercial sublicense from Amersham Biosciences Corp, 800 Centennial Avenue, Piscataway, NJ 08855-1327, USA.
FCAP Array is a trademark of Soft Flow Hungary Ltd.