PE Mouse Anti-Rat CD45RC
Clone OX-22 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Rat (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen PHA-activated rat lymph node cells
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The OX-22 antibody reacts with CD45RC on pre-B lymphocytes, B cells, CD8+ T suppressor/cytotoxic cells, and a subset of CD4+ T helper (Th) lymphocytes. It weakly reacts with thymocytes. CD45RC is a high-molecular-weight isoform of CD45 (Leukocyte Common Antigen); its level of expression distinguishes subpopulations of CD4+ T cells with Th1-like and Th2-like effector functions. Levels of expression of CD45RC have also been reported to distinguish resting from activated T cells at various stages of maturation. CD45 is a member of the Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase (PTP) family: Its intracellular (COOH-terminal) region contains two PTP catalytic domains, and the extracellular region is highly variable due to alternative splicing of exons 4, 5, and 6 (designated A, B, and C, respectively), plus differing levels of glycosylation. The CD45 isoforms detected in the rat are cell type-, maturation-, and activation state-specific. The CD45 isoforms play complex roles in T-cell and B-cell antigen receptor signal transduction.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.