FITC Mouse Anti-Rat CD11a
Clone WT.1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Integrin αL chain; LFA-1 α chain; Itgal
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Rat (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen PHA-stimulated rat splenocytes and rat thymic lymphoma FTL-43
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The WT.5 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes the alpha subunit of LFA-1 (αLβ2 integrin, CD11a/CD18), a heterodimeric surface glycoprotein which is found on the majority of leukocytes, but not on peritoneal macrophages or peritoneal mast cells. LFA-1 mediates a variety of heterotypic and homotypic intercellular adhesions through interaction with ICAM-1 (CD54) and ICAM-2 (CD102). WT.1 mAb recognizes both the activated and unactivated forms of LFA-1. It inhibits the binding of LFA-1 to ICAM-1 in several in vitro assays, including binding of Concanavalin A-stimulated lymphocytes (Con A blasts) to purified ICAM-1 and Mg2+-dependent aggregation of concanavalin A-stimulated blasts. It has also been reported to inhibit leukocyte infiltration in several in vivo models of inflammation.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.