Purified Mouse Anti-Human CD50
Clone TU41 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name ICAM-3; ICAM3; Intercellular adhesion molecule 3
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Immunohistochemistry-frozen (Tested During Development)
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The TU41 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the intracellular adhesion molecule-3 (ICAM-3) which is also known as CD50. ICAM-3 is a 110-120 kDa type I membrane glycoprotein expressed on all leukocytes (platelets and erythrocytes are ICAM-3-negative). ICAM-3 is also expressed on epidermal Langerhans cells and endothelial cells. It predominantly interacts with LFA-1 (CD11a/CD18) without requiring activation as the initial dendritic cell-T lymphocyte interaction. ICAM-3 is an important LFA-1 ligand that functions in the initiation of the immune/inflammatory response and also plays a role in chemotaxis.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
Store undiluted at 4°C.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.