FITC Mouse Anti-Human CD50
Clone TU41 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name ICAM-3; ICAM3; Intercellular adhesion molecule 3
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The TU41 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the intracellular adhesion molecule-3 (ICAM-3) which is also known as CD50. ICAM-3 is a 110-120 kDa type I membrane glycoprotein expressed on all leukocytes (platelets and erythrocytes are ICAM-3-negative). ICAM-3 is also expressed on epidermal Langerhans cells and endothelial cells. It predominantly interacts with LFA-1 (CD11a/CD18) without requiring activation as the initial dendritic cell-T lymphocyte interaction. ICAM-3 is an important LFA-1 ligand that functions in the initiation of the immune/inflammatory response and also plays a role in chemotaxis.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.