Biotin Rat Anti-Mouse IgE
Clone R35-72 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Igh-7; immunoglobulin heavy chain 7 (heavy chain of IgE)
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LOU, also known as Louvain, LOU/C, LOU/M IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
ELISA Detection (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse IgE (pooled)
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The rat anti-mouse IgE antibody (clone R35-72) reacts specifically with mouse IgE of the Igh-C [a] and Igh-C [b] haplotypes. It has been reported not to react with other Ig isotypes. Detection with the rat anti-mouse IgE antibody (clone R35-72) of surface immunoglobulin on IgE-secreting hybridoma cells has also been reported.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with biotin under optimum conditions, and unreacted biotin was removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
Sandwich ELISA: Biotin Rat Anti-Mouse IgE may be used at ~ 2 µg/ml as the detection antibody coupled with Purified Rat Anti-Mouse IgE (Cat. No. 553416) as the capture antibody. Researchers are strongly advised to titrate each reagent over a range of concentrations (e.g 1-8 µg/ml) for optimal results. Purified Mouse IgE κ Isotype Control (Cat. No. 557079, 553481, or 557080) may be used as the ELISA standard. Alternatively, the BD OptEIA™ Mouse IgE ELISA Set (Cat. No. 555248) is offered as a convenient sandwich ELISA product that is easy-to-use and may be used for the quantitation of soluble mouse IgE.